Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Coconut Oil Series-Oil Pulling

The Coconut Oil Series...
Discovering All Things Coconutty!


OIL PULLING

Oil pulling, though trending, is not a brand new concept. It's an Ayurvedic Medicine Practice that has been around for centuries. Oil pulling is literally taking a tablespoon, or so, of oil and "swishing" it around in your mouth for a while daily in order to remove/pull toxins from the body. The benefits that come along with oil pulling are vast and there are still some benefits that are still being researched and discovered. 

I first heard of oil pulling when I was younger. My friends mother used to swish oil in her mouth and told me it was good for the soul. This was the same lady that wore garlic around her neck on Sunday's to keep the demons away. At the tender age of 6 I wasn't convinced. The second time I ran into oil pulling was actually on YouTube looking for an oil combo to use for my next oil rinse for my hair. In my search results I came across this video by YouTube vlogger and All Things Natural Guru-- 
HeyFranHey. Take a look at her video below to find out what all the hype is about.

It's simple to do and can be done with any carrier oil of your choosing. I choose to try Coconut oil first because of the health benefits that I was already aware of associated with coconut oil. I literally lasted about 5
of the suggested 15 minutes... but I ain't no punk. Next, I tried it the following morning and was able to go a little longer and then finally after a week (or so) of consistency I was able to last the full 15 minutes suggested.

I've noticed my skin is clearer, I feel more awake (even after a workout), my teeth are whiter and my allergies are at bay so far this spring.



For more on Oil pulling and other natural remedies and DIY projects check out : HeyFranHey

No comments: