Monday, June 9, 2014

Beets n Carrots n Some Other Stuff

I am a novice juicer and just started getting into the trend... well... when it became extra trendy. Not so much for the health benefits, although they are plentiful, I started because I actually love the taste of fresh juice.  I visit the local farmers market, here in Sacramento, weekly (the one on Sundays year round beneath the W Street overpass downtown) and sometimes, because of schedules, there is plenty left in the fridge to get rid of by the next shopping day... What better way to use up all of the fruits and veggies that I need to get rid of?

The latest creation is my Beet and Carrot juice. This recipe is nothing new to many but I did add a few components to it that are not found in very many recipes for beet juice.

"KoKo's Beet n Carrot n some other stuff "Juice


4 Fresh Beets (medium Sized)
4 Medium Carrots
3 Stalks of Celery
2 Large Oranges or any citrus fruit you choose
5 mint leaves
1 regular sized cantaloupe (Had to get rid of it...)
*Keep or discard the roots and leaves from the beets carrots and celery.(I keep em)

**Yields about 60oz or 7.5 cups of juice 

Cut and/or peel and then juice. Also, I freeze all of my ingredients about 5 minutes before juicing so that the juice is chilled and ready to drink.

I am in no way a professional juicer/chef/recipe maker, however I know what's tasty to me.

That is All!

No comments: