Thursday, July 17, 2014

Jurni Rayne - An Honest Talent



I was introduced to this sultry goodness by a "friend" of mine that said she was the sister of a friend of a friend of hers.... You know how that goes... any way she told me that she was pretty dope and that I needed to take a look at her work. Always looking for something new, I did. At first glance I did a double take and was like, "Ok, I see you Ms. Jurni" - naturalista in the house!! With her tapered cut, colored to perfection, there was an instant swooning effect taking place; and immediately I had an all out hair crush on Ms. Jurni.

When someone suggests an artist I dont just listen to the music that they perform, I also read up on them. Show reviews, YouTube videos, personal and professional social media accounts and their website are all good sources of information about the type of artist that I'm getting to know.

The first thing that I did after my friend figured out the the spelling of Jurni's name was hit youtube. I watched about 2 videos before I ran into "Genderfuck" and inspiring song for those that are in the middle of the walls that are-- gender. This song is basically for the masculine identifying female or the feminine identifying male. This song was written by Jurni and was touching because it spoke truth to a realistic situation for those that don't fit into the "boxes" society wants to place them into.


From Texas, Jurni has a strong appreciation for the classic R&B ballad. Her crisp sound and eclectic presentation give her enough boho style to appease the neosoul lovers, as well as, the R&B enthusiasts. Jurni Rayne is an amazingly humble talent that is truly in this game for the love of music and her talent reflects hard work and dedication to honing her craft. It would be hard to sleep on such honest talent.

This bilingual musician, singer and songwriter with an appreciation for the ladies and all things Queer Awareness, will definitely be joining my playlist September 9, 2014 when her album Finding My Way, hits the airwaves. You can sample her upcoming album now on SoundCloud, YouTube or at JurniRayne.com
Photo: Jurni's Facebook Page

For booking info or to follow this lovely artist...

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Reverbnation

No comments: